Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Jeff Wall at SFMOMA


While I was searching for a good site that can provide me with some most important informations about world contemporary art scene, I came across SFMOMA website where one upcoming exhibition really surprised me! SFMOMA is organising retrospective exhibition of works from Jeff Wall, one of the photographers whose work I appriciate the most. As some of you probbably know he is an artist who first started as a painter and then found a big interest in a relation between photography and painting. His well known lightbox framing made a big trace and influence in contemporary way of thinking, presenting and understanding photography, painting as well as cinema. His photographs, cinematography, as he likes to call them are perfect example of 3 most influental art segments putt together. On SFMOMA website you may also view a video with Jeff Wall and his explanation about his work, as well as some of the photographs that will be included in this retrospective from 1978-2004. Well, all I can say is I wish I could visit this show!

No comments: